Contribution Rebate Program
Did you know all donations from Ontario residents are eligible for a cash rebate? For the first $300 you donate you will receive a cheque back from the City for 75 per cent of your donation regardless of whether or not you live in Toronto. The maximum allowable donation is $1,200 – an amount that entitles you to a cash rebate of $641.67. Below are some sample calculations for the Contribution Rebate Program.
|Total Contribution||Rebate||Cost to You|
- The maximum contribution permitted is $1,200 to a council candidate.
- A contributor who donates to multiple candidates can give up to a total of $5,000.
- We cannot accept contributions from corporations or trade unions.
- Donations of $100 or more will appear with the donors name amount and postal code on the City website.
- If you have any questions about the Contribution Rebate Program, please contact the campaign.